Saturday, October 24, 2009

Honeymoon day 3--quick run-through with photos


I was really cranky the morning of day 3, luckily Chris recognized this and persuaded me to stop the car at the Simpson Reed Discovery Trail in the Jedediah Smith Redwoods. There were all kinds of fairies hopping about that morning, so we tried (unsuccessfully) to catch them.


It was a nice morning to new-boot-goof in the trees. It was a little chilly in the grove, but too pretty to pass up or rush through.


We passed into Oregon midway through the morning and that was pretty exciting to me! This was Rough and Ready Creek off of 101. Another nice short hike, I was really a fan of the wack-tastic geography there. Yes, I did play in the water a little bit, but mostly I just hopped around on the rocks.


We drove through the Valley of the Rogue (BEAUTIFUL!) starting from Grant's Pass and came out on the other end in Jacksonville, where we took appreciative photos of the fall color. We knew we wouldn't find anything so spectacular in Sacramento, curses! Chris gets full credit for directing us through the Valley of the Rogue, which is (I think!) my favorite part of our whole trip.

That night we stayed in Klamath Falls. There are no falls in Klamath Falls, but I loved it anyways. Seriously, I really like Klamath Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment