Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The end of quilling

Well, I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I made the sought after number for quilled flowers (one hundred) so I no longer have to twist paper around a mutilated bobby pin.
It is kind of sad though. I've been working on these off and on for a few months, more off than on, and quilling was easily the safest of the crafts I've been working on--no hot glue gun, fire or needles. I still have a good amount of quilling paper left in yellows, green, blue, purples, maroon, cream, and peach, so if you want to make yourself a small, labor intensive pretty flower, pop on over!
If you are curious, I was introduced to quilling by viewing Yulia Brodskaya's work. It really puts mine to shame, though maybe after the wedding I can just dork around with my extra paper and create something really amazing!
Thanks to Becca and Vanessa for all your quilling help, along with the Cacciatores who occasionally twirled some paper in my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment